2007/12/10, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ray Walsh wrote:
> > I just downloaded OpenOffice 2.3 for my Ma (OS X.4.1) and when I went
> > to use it, I was told I needed OS 11 and the set up disc that came
> > with my computer. I'm travelling for several months and don't have
> > this. It seems to me that offerig the choice of a download for OSX or
> > 11 suggests that it will work with OSX. If I needed 11 in the first
> > place, you should have told me. A very annoying start. Is there no
> > other way?
> >
> Is it actually asking for OSX 11???  Or perhaps X11, which is required
> to install OpenOffice on a Mac?

Hello Ray,

The Mac porting pages don't ask you to install OS X 11 (which doesn't
exist), but rather that you need the windowing utility X11 in order to run
OpenOffice.org on your Mac.
There are different versions of OOo for Intel and PowerPC Macs.
OOo will run on Panther (OS X 10.3.x), Tiger (10.4.x) and Leopard (10.5.x)
(there's a 'legacy' version that will run on Jaguar).

Please read the How-To's on the Mac porting pages before installing 'just
like that':
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger