Dee Dee Grant wrote:
Good Afternoon,

Received the CD of Open Office today.  Tried to install it.  Last week I downloaded the
program and had the SAME problem I had today:  There is NO icon on the desktop (there is
a folder with a bunch of tiles that tell me NOTHING).  You sent me an email telling me to
access the program through the "Start" menu.  WRONG!  I STILL cannot access the
program. . .

Please either advise OR refund; -- it's currently unworkable and therefore USELESS!!  I
liked it better when Open Office came on my computer and your "birds" desktop
icon accessed the WP Program (all there was at the time).

I assume you're using the Windows version.

After you download the file or locate it on the CD, you double click on it. This should start the installer. If the installer does not start, look in that folder for a file called "SETUP.EXE" and double click on it. This should start the installer. After the installer completes, you should then have a folder and icons in your start menu.

If this does not work, please reply, describing what happens when you attempt to install, including error messages.

Also, you did not pay OpenOffice.org for this application. You paid someone else for it. I suggest you contact them, about any refund. As always, OpenOffice is a free download from www.openoffice.org

Please respond only to the mail list (users@openoffice.org) and not directly to me.