Carolyn Stoffel wrote:

I have a total of 67711 messages from this list in my Inbox. <sigh>

I don't know how much of the problem - probably very little - is my email program. It burped recently, returning .thousands. of discarded messages to my inbox as unread.

Pity this system has so much capacity that I don't have to do the sensible thing.

I don't know how many messages in this folder are in foreign languages. I can't read them. (I have as good a chance of putting together a sentence in Latin as I do in German or Spanish or....)

Carolyn Stoffel

Think of it as a party; you can't talk to everyone there and you have to go to work sometime. The same questions tend to recur periodically, and there are archives you can search if you missed something vital.