Hello,

now that I want to write some documentation in the near future I've
installed some new fonts for use with OOo. When trying them out I've
found that the line spacing of most of the new installed fonts is wrong
(too large).
The standard text editor in my system shows correct line spacing for all
new installed fonts. The problem is strange in Writer, and far less
extreme in Impress, for example when I insert text in a text frame, and
it seems that the line spacing is really different for the various fonts.

My System: OpenSUSE 10.2 with KDE, OOo 2.3., all tried fonts are
TrueType fonts from the SoftMaker MegafontXXL CD.

The line spacing in all System fonts is OK. The first thing I need to
know is if this problem exists on other systems, too. So if there's
someone here with the same problem, I would appreciate some response.

I've searched the mailing list archives, but there are so many topics
with subject "line spacing" I'm wondering if I've overseen some messages
 with the same problem description.

Thank you for your help!

bye

Marcus