On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:31:27 +0100
Marcus Woletz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My System: OpenSUSE 10.2 with KDE, OOo 2.3., all tried fonts are
> TrueType fonts from the SoftMaker MegafontXXL CD.

XXL?  There's your problem.  Your fonts are all Double-Extra-Large!  *tee hee*

Seriously, I haven't seen your problem on any of my computers or any of my
clients' machines, all of which run various versions of Fedora Linux.

Some fonts, especially the "Ten Thousand Fonts for $4.99" kind, are pretty
crappy.  Scribus will usually reject them but OpenOffice seems to try to use
them and the results can be less than spectacular when that happens.