I've set up custom paragraph and list styles so that I can easily generate lists that look like this:

[1] Blah blah blah
[2] Blah blah blah
[3] Blah blah blah
[4] Blah blah blah

Now I need to create cross references to the numbers of the list entries so that the result reads like this:

We saw in [1] and [3] that blah blah blah, but we also know from [2] and [4] that blah blah blah.

However, I can't figure out how to use Writer's cross referencing capability to refer to the number part of elements of a numbered list. Can somebody please explain or point me to a place that explains how to do this?

Thanks,

Scott