On Wednesday 16 January 2008 12:43:01 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've downloaded the whole of openoffice on the recommended download. I
> really only need the writer function and would like to dispense with the
> rest to free up disc space. I can't remove parts on add/remove programmes.
> Do I have to disinstall and reinstall or is there a better way. If I do
> this will it affect  saved documents in this format?
>
> I'm very pleased with the programme!
>
> Chris

    OpenOffice.org is an integrated suite rather than several programs as in
MS Office. The vast majority of the disk space is used by the core part o f
OOo upon which the individual applications rely. These applications
themselves only use approximately 10-20 MB, so you would not be really
freeing up enough disk space to make it worthwhile.

Dan