[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've downloaded the whole of openoffice on the recommended download. I really only need the writer function and would like to dispense with the rest to free up disc space. I can't remove parts on add/remove programmes. Do I have to disinstall and reinstall or is there a better way. If I do this will it affect saved documents in this format? I'm very pleased with the programme! Chris

Chris

You can uninstall the whole thing and then re-install only part of OpenOffice but what happens if someone sends you a presentation (MS PowerPoint or OOo Impress) or a spreadsheet (MS Excel or OOo Calc) You would then need to uninstall Openoffice again and then reinstall all of it. I think that you may need to look at the long-term needs of software and not just what you need now.

Rob