I really hope someone here can help me.  I am 2 weeks behind in my billing
and that is pretty serious for our business.  I am feeling rather
desperate...please help.

I recently completely lost my MS Office Suite and downloaded OO as a most
excellent replacement.  I have been doing well with opening all my docs and
learning the system, but today I ran into a problem I can't figure out and
if I can't find a way past this I will have no choice but to replace my MS
Office and as a new convert to OO, I SO do not want to do that!

Problem:  I cannot get the Mail Merge to work as it did in my MS word.  I
created the Database, just as I had it in MS Access and that is fine.  The
way I did it before was to open my standard invoice in Word...go to Mail
Merge...create from current doc....choose Database for Addresses
(Access)...then a pop up would come up where I could click on the various
addresses I needed to send invoices to.  From there it would populate the
invoices with the names/addresses I had chosen and then give me the option
to edit each individual invoice to put in correct amounts.

In OO, I got as far as opening my invoice, choosing Mail Merge, choosing the
Address Database...then it totally lost me.  It is trying to create an
invoice for every single person in my database, which is not okay.  I cannot
find where or how I would choose the particular people to send it to.  I did
see the area where numbers are coming up and its giving me a box I can check
saying exclude this recipient, but I have no way in the world of knowing who
each recipient is, and with a Database of about 300 people, it would take me
forever to choose each person I want to EXCLUDE, instead of simply choosing
those that I want to INCLUDE.  Please, please, please, tell me there is a
way to accomplish my purposes and that I am just missing it!  I also tried
to create my address book in the spreadsheet program and get the info from
there, but still to no avail.

In addition to my monthly billing, I use Mail Merge to send out several
additional mailings that I need to be able to pick and choose recipients, as
well as using Mail Merge to create my envelopes, and I am not finding an
option for that on this program either.

I will be so grateful for any help you can give me in this, and I am
seriously praying that the answer is there because I really had my heart set
on never going back to the bondage of MS again....but I have to have these
capablilites to do my job and run our business.

Thank you so very much in advance for your help.

--
Kimber Nohr
Be Blessed.  Be a Blessing.