On Friday 25 January 2008 09:02:15 Kimber Nohr wrote:
> I really hope someone here can help me.  I am 2 weeks behind in my billing
> and that is pretty serious for our business.  I am feeling rather
> desperate...please help.
>
> I recently completely lost my MS Office Suite and downloaded OO as a most
> excellent replacement.  I have been doing well with opening all my docs and
> learning the system, but today I ran into a problem I can't figure out and
> if I can't find a way past this I will have no choice but to replace my MS
> Office and as a new convert to OO, I SO do not want to do that!
>
> Problem:  I cannot get the Mail Merge to work as it did in my MS word.  I
> created the Database, just as I had it in MS Access and that is fine.  The
> way I did it before was to open my standard invoice in Word...go to Mail
> Merge...create from current doc....choose Database for Addresses
> (Access)...then a pop up would come up where I could click on the various
> addresses I needed to send invoices to.  From there it would populate the
> invoices with the names/addresses I had chosen and then give me the option
> to edit each individual invoice to put in correct amounts.
>
> In OO, I got as far as opening my invoice, choosing Mail Merge, choosing
> the Address Database...then it totally lost me.  It is trying to create an
> invoice for every single person in my database, which is not okay.  I
> cannot find where or how I would choose the particular people to send it
> to.  I did see the area where numbers are coming up and its giving me a box
> I can check saying exclude this recipient, but I have no way in the world
> of knowing who each recipient is, and with a Database of about 300 people,
> it would take me forever to choose each person I want to EXCLUDE, instead
> of simply choosing those that I want to INCLUDE.  Please, please, please,
> tell me there is a way to accomplish my purposes and that I am just missing
> it!  I also tried to create my address book in the spreadsheet program and
> get the info from there, but still to no avail.
>
> In addition to my monthly billing, I use Mail Merge to send out several
> additional mailings that I need to be able to pick and choose recipients,
> as well as using Mail Merge to create my envelopes, and I am not finding an
> option for that on this program either.
>
> I will be so grateful for any help you can give me in this, and I am
> seriously praying that the answer is there because I really had my heart
> set on never going back to the bondage of MS again....but I have to have
> these capablilites to do my job and run our business.
>
> Thank you so very much in advance for your help

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/

There is an entire chapter in the Writer Guide that explains how to do this. 
Look in the List of Writer Guide Chapters. You can load the Mail Merge 
chapter separately. If you think you need to entire Writer Guide, you can 
download it instead. Entire Guides or individual chapters are available for 
downloading on this web page.

Dan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to