John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:57:02 -0500
> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:
>

>> You can get a free certificate
>>
>> read this article
>>
>> http://www.linux.com/feature/57554
>>
>> Get the certificate here
>>
>> http://www.cacert.org/
>>

> Thanks. I've saved this e-mail and will look at it later.
>
> After thinking about it a bit I came to the realization that in many
> years of using OOo I don't believe I have received an OOo document from
> anyone ever. Lots of Word docs, but no OOo docs. So it probably doesn't
> really matter if I turn off macro security. To get me by I did so and
> my macros now run fine. I'll turn the security back on after I figure
> this out.

How many of those Word docs actually originated on OpenOffice,
StarOffice or other ODF default app that can also write .DOCs?  As an
example, I installed OpenOffice for a friend.  Since she's not all that
computer literate, I set OpenOffice to save in Word format, by default,
so that she wouldn't have to worry about that when she sent documents to
others.  So, if you receive a Word document from her, I can assure you
it was created in OpenOffice.