James Knott wrote:
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
You can get a free certificate

read this article

http://www.linux.com/feature/57554

Get the certificate here

http://www.cacert.org/
You can also get free certificates from http://www.thawte.com
I should try that. My test with cacert.org did not work. The certificate was not recognized. I probably made some "wrong" choices <sigh>.

I have tried the Thawte certificate with OpenOffice and it did work, though I've never had any need to use it. According to the OpenOffice help. You have to add the certificate into your email program. I did that with Seamonkey on Linux and my certificate appears as available to OpenOffice.