bruce neal wrote:
QUESTION,
IF YOU ARE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, AND THEY HAVE RECEIVED DONATED COMPUTERS ,HOW
CAN THEY GET FREE SOFTWARE LIKE THE MS OFFICE PACKAGE FROM YOU ON CD"s?
CONTACT PERSON/PHONE# AND OR WEB ADDRESS/EMAIL ADDRESS
bruce
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can buy CDs containing OpenOffice from vendors listed here: http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html#cdrom

Please ensure you get a current version. Also, we cannot vouch for any vendor.

Of course, there's no reason why you can't download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org and burn to a CD, along with whatever other apps you may wish to include. If any of those computers come without an operating system, I'd recommed installing Linux, such as the Ubuntu distro, which includes Openoffice: http://www.ubuntu.com. You may even want to install Linux anyway.

Open source software is great for organizations such as yours. You can get a lot of excellent software at no cost. You can use applications such as Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, Seamonkey browser and email and many more, in addition to OpenOffice.