To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [users] PRINTING FROM MULTI-SHEET CALC FILE

At 18:24 01/03/2008 +1100, Lindsay Graham wrote:
Thanks very much for your reply, Brian. I had already spotted the option 'Print only selected sheets' but it does not seem to have any effect. It's a 12-page document, with 5 pages in the first sheet and 7 in the second. Whether that option is checked or not, the Page Preview always says there are 12 pages, and the Print dialog box always says there are Pages 1-12.

All that is true. But if you wanted to print selected pages from the second sheet and you had (only) the second sheet selected (and you had the option ticked), I think you'll find that you would need to enter page numbers from 1 to 7 (not 6 to 12) in the "Print range" box in the Print dialogue. This is despite the default offering being "1-12" and not the "1-7" that you might expect. It was my impression that this is what you wanted.

Has anyone suggested this as a change to OOo?

Don't know.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker