J.Weisman wrote:
I just purchased OpenOffice for $11.95 from Opal Office.  My son has a laptop
networked to my desktop. Can he download my copy to his computer? If so, how?
Thanks very much.
{I bought it via immediate download. Will I be getting a backup disk? If so,
can he download from that?}  Thank you.

Judy Weisman

You did not have to buy OpalOffice. OpenOffice is a free download from www.openoffice.org. We try to discourage people from buying a download from vendors, such as OpalOffice, as they provide nothing that cannot be obtained for free. You'll have to ask them about any disk. Another thing we find annoying, is they pass off this mail list, operated by volunteers, as "paid" support, even though we don't see so much as a nickel from them. However, there are some vendors, who provide a CD for a nominal amount, and provide a service for those who cannot download OpenOffice.

However, since OpalOffice is under the same license as OpenOffice, you are free to install it on as many computers as you wish.