On 08/03/2008 12:41, James wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Please see below:
On 07/03/2008 15:53, James wrote:
Hi Guys,
On save and save-as operations office writer crashes every time. Any ideas? Cheers, James

Please tell us
a) Which version of which Operating System you are using
Win XP is the problem one. OO runs fine on my Mac.

b) Which version of OpenOffice you are using

The latest 2.3 version. I had the same problem with earlier ones however.

c) What exact error message(s) do you get when you try to save/save-as?
d) Is your computer on a LAN? Are you trying to save to a network drive? Do you have the appropriate privileges?

I am trying to save to a local drive. When I attempt to save or save as the system stops responding and the Document recovery window pops up. I can recover the document but not save it. I have administrator privileges.

<snip>

Hmmm. I have no more sensible ideas. Perhaps someone else here can help (Please!). Are you short of disk space? Presumably you can save stuff from other applications like Wordpad etc. or do they give problems too? Are there any errors shown in the Event Viewer logs? Does the problem occur with even a simple document, say just one word?

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England