web at work wrote the following on 3/19/2008 7:10 PM:
I would like to know this too
I have a Powerpoint file needing the same
thing done to it.

Once I get it to a vidoe file, it is easy to create a DVD
video/movie using such programs a Nero.

But getting the presentation/prowepoint to a video it
the trick.

There are probably others but I know of one freeware solution that converts PowerPoint presentations to Flash (swf). You can find it at http://www.authorgen.com/authorpoint-lite-free/

If you are working with an Impress presentation, you could always export the presentation to a flash (swf) file from inside Impress.

Then use one of the many freeware converters to convert the swf to video format, and then burn it to DVD with Nero. I haven't tried it myself, but there is one freeware converter that I've been meaning to test which found at http://www.dhost.info/jack1024/flvtoavi_en/

This is kinda like jumping through hoops to get what you want, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not sure what the quality of the final product would be.

--
Jack