John Keynes wrote:
Hello,
I am using Open Office Version 1.1 and having this problem: I can not open my open office files. It says that there is a configuation problem and that I need to contact my system administrator. I have been using Open Office for three years now and there have been no problems, until today. I do not have a system administrator, as this is my own personal computer. Please advise as to what to do. I have done a system restore on my XP operating system, setting it to an earlier date, and that did not help the problem. Perhaps upgrading Open Office to a newer version would help? I wonder if upgrading would cause any lost of data. Please let me know what to do, as these Open Office Files are very important to me and I need to open them as soon as possible. Thanks for your help.

Reinstalling may help. The latest version is 2.3.1 and available from www.openoffice.org. The new version can use your existing files. It will not cause a loss of your data. Installing v2.x will not remove your existing version. So, you may want to uninstall the old version.