Dean Livingston wrote:
People...

Why is OpenOffices' Writer sooo slow to open. Abi Word does not suffer from
this. It is a fine piece of software.
Are there configuration things I should look at in OpenOffice? Very
frustrating. Can any one help??

There are several blog entries around that describe ways you can tweak OpenOffice.org so that it launches faster...
eg: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/08/18/how-to-speed-up-openoffice/

Note, it appears that you are not subscribed to the OpenOffice.org user mailing list, so I have CCed you.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany