There are several blog entries around that describe ways you can tweak
OpenOffice.org so that it launches faster...
eg: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/08/18/how-to-speed-up-openoffice/

Note, it appears that you are not subscribed to the OpenOffice.org user
mailing list, so I have CCed you.

Clayton, what happens when one disables JRE on OOo, as suggested on the
blog to which you linked ?...

I'd say that without JRE certain things (Base!) won't work...

Yes that is correct. Anything in OpenOffice.org that needs Java won't work after you disable Java (logical)... so that usually means some of the Wizards, and Base.

If you do all those steps except the Java one (leaving Java enabled), you will still see a startup speed increase (just not as much as when you also disable Java)... at least I've seen a change when running on Solaris, Kubuntu and openSUSE. I have never tried it in Windows since I do not use that OS anymore. I assume the results will be the same there.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany