2008/5/1 McLauchlan, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> OOo 2.4 on Windows XP.
>
>  I have a piece of logo-ish graphic stuff (PNG and JPG formats) that's
>  about one inch (2.5cm) high and 8.5 inches wide, and needs to appear
>  across the bottom of each page in a short document.  Coincidentally, my
>  bottom page margin is about one inch high.

Hello,

For some reason OOo prefers the header to the footer, but since it
does not really matter the best thing to do is to play along.

Enable the header and place your graphic there Insert > picture from
file. If you don't need the header, just resize it to 0 heigth in the
Format > Page options.

Now, right click on the graphic and select Picture
In the Type page of the dialog select Vertical alignment as Bottom
(relative) to Entire page)
adjust the horizontal alignement as required.

Done!

HTH,

Michele