John Boyle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 14:54
> To: users@openoffice.org; KAMI
> Subject: Re: [users] New version of most complete free office suite is
> available
>
> To KAMI: I have decided, to keep things simple as there is no way to get
> a tar.gz uncompressed successfully, to not bother with trying in my
> Linux computer. As for my Windows computer, I will wait for your version
> 3 and not bother to download the "official" version when it comes out. :-(
>
> KAMI wrote:
> > John Boyle írta:
> >> To KAMI and users: Why is the program listed as an RPM when it is, in
> >> fact, a TAR.GZ? There is NO WAY a TAR.GZ can be called a RPM and I
> >> think the person saying so is full of bull! >:o
> > There are several rpm in the package. So these rpm files is compressed
> > into a tar.gz format. Let you uncompress it then you'll see they are
> > real rpm files.

Say what?

On Linux, gunzip untars gz files, as do several other archiving apps. What's
the problem?  If necessary, do it in two steps. First, unzip to decompress.
Then untar.

After that, install what comes out of the tarball, which should be a bunch of
associated RPMs (unless you're using Debian packages).

On Windows, rpm files won't do you any good, so you might need a different
tarball (which can be opened by Winzip, WinRAR or any of several other apps),
and again, install what comes out of the Windows-oriented archive.

Or am I misreading what's being said here?

Kevin

or disclosing it.