jimw wagner wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Joseph wrote:

Can it be used with Ubuntu. Ubuntu has OpenOffice already installed, but I like to make the best of programs and if there's more that I can use, I think it's good to have it all when one does some of the things I do.

I don't find it in the Package Manager or the Add/Remove areas of Ubuntu

I'm not defending Ubuntu.....Gnome is a waste of GUI development energy, IMHO. I use openSUSE. But, if you do a search with Adept, your package manager, typing in openoffice, you certainly will find it.

Fred

I use the "official" version of OpenOffice with Ubuntu, have done for several years.

Seems that the people who "prepare" it for Ubuntu so often break something, which is why I don't use their version.

JimW

Jim, I'm not sure how it happened, but I downloaded Oxygen Office to my XP System on another machine.

Then later, I was going to do some writing. I pulled up the Open Office in my Ubuntu (and I never change it) and there was all the things in the Oxygen Office.... and BOTH say they are Open Office 2.4....

Not sure how this happened, unless Oxygen Office is the new Open Office???

Joseph