Fred A. Miller wrote:
Joseph wrote:

Can it be used with Ubuntu. Ubuntu has OpenOffice already installed, but I like to make the best of programs and if there's more that I can use, I think it's good to have it all when one does some of the things I do.

I don't find it in the Package Manager or the Add/Remove areas of Ubuntu

I'm not defending Ubuntu.....Gnome is a waste of GUI development energy, IMHO. I use openSUSE. But, if you do a search with Adept, your package manager, typing in openoffice, you certainly will find it.

Fred

I use the "official" version of OpenOffice with Ubuntu, have done for several years.

Seems that the people who "prepare" it for Ubuntu so often break something, which is why I don't use their version.

JimW