William Case wrote:
Hi;

I am having a brain cramp.  Probably the result of incorrect help
terminology.

I want to set up what I know as a newspaper style page(s).  That is:

     1. 2 columns inserted section;
2. Where text flows to the bottom of one column, 3. Then flows to the top of the second column,
     4. Fills in second column,
     5. Then on to the next page.
     6. The section expands as needed, and,
     7. Allows me to insert new text in the middle of existing text,
8. Readjusting all text to the end.
I tried insert section, two columns, but the text doesn't flow.  It just
jumps to the second column on the first line.  I have been fiddling now
for over an hour.  Can someone please point me to the correct setup
method or the correct 'help' search terms.

Click on Format > Page. On that Page Style panel, go to the Columns tab and make your selection there.