bill wrote:
Allen wrote:

[snip]

Now, is it easier for me to create a column with the day of the week by hand - Monday through Sunday - or can it be calculated?

actually it is easier than that: click format/cell and select date and pick a format that shows the day of the week, or roll your own if you don't like any of the ones shown.

Nope, doesn't seem to work. I need to retain the original date so I want to use a function to create the listing of days. Eventually this will become several tables, one for the days of the week, then one by the hour for each day which is why I would like the labels to be names rather than numbers. When I use "=WEEKDAY(ColumnRow)" it gives me the numbers 1 through 7. I can't seem to convert to a text, Sunday through Saturday. Using the function IF does not seem to have an ELSE and I'm not sure how to use the OR function with an IF and how to close the function.

As to rolling my own, sorry, I'm clueless.

Thanks,

Allen

AI? H#$%, I don't care if it's artificial or not,
I just want you to use whatever you've got.