Jack D. Lewis wrote:
We are constantly seeing this question repeated on this list. Most of them are phrased similar to this:

*"I downloaded your openoffice program and cannot open any of it. It takes me to a folder that has numerous folders and none of them do what it shows that they should do. Help!"*

It just dawned on me after months of repeated inquiries to this list about this same subject what the problem might be. Windows users are almost always the ones asking this question. Windows XP comes installed with Explorer having the ability to open zip and self-extracting files as though they were just another folder on your hard drive. Thus when users who have not turned off this 'feature' try to run the installation file, Explorer opens the file and shows them the contents instead.

Maybe we should put clear instructions on the download page about what to do if this happens.

Any comments?

To ALL: Why not install Seamonkey or even Firefox with Thunderbird and do away with the Explorer? :-(

--
PK