ccornell - OpenOffice.org wrote:
I didn't notice any 64 bit versions.

Let the developers know you want a 64 Bit version.

Given that most new computers are 64 bit these days and 64 bit Linux has been around for years (I've been running it for 2), I'd expect developers to be a bit more proactive.

So.. tell them so :-)

Just guessing here... the vast majority of people, myself included, are still running 32-bit OSes despite having had 64-bit CPUs for several years (even among the Linux crowd this is true). The demand isn't as high as it probably should or could be... so give the developers of the extension the feedback that there are people who need a 64 bit version.

In some ways, this reminds me of the early '90s, when people were still running 16 bit software (DOS & Win 3.1), even though the 386 had been available for years. Back then I was running a 32 bit OS (OS/2) and always felt restricted, when ever I had to use Windows. That still happens, as Windows still does not have some of the features and performance OS/2 did 16 years ago, nor the flexibility and features of Linux, that have also been available for years. Windows is simply the wrong way to go, for many reasons. Unfortunately, most people don't know of anything better.