I have had a cri de coeur from a friend.  She is finding that pound signs
(i.e. pound sterling signs, not hash marks) are disappearing from her
documents when she saves and reopens - and sometimes out of the blue while
she is working on the document.  They are replaced by the rectangle that
denotes a missing symbol in the font being used.  She sent attachments
showing examples, but they would probably not make it onto the list.

She is using 2.3.1 on XP, and the font is Times New Roman.

I cannot replicate the behaviour.  Any ideas?

TIA
Lisi