TechAdmin @ VibrantLivingMinistries wrote:
From: Lisi Reisz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:53 AM

I have had a cri de coeur from a friend. She is finding that pound signs (i.e. pound sterling signs, not hash marks) are disappearing from her documents when she saves and reopens - and sometimes out of the blue while she is working on the document. They are replaced by the rectangle that denotes a missing symbol in the font being used. She sent attachments showing examples, but they would probably not make it onto the list.

She is using 2.3.1 on XP, and the font is Times New Roman.

I cannot replicate the behaviour.  Any ideas?

See http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=116168 .

“When document saved as Microsoft Word 6 the £ signs change to squares but when saved as Microsfot 97/2000/XP the problem is solved and £ signs remain.”

I have just replicated the problem by saving in Word 6 format, though if I save a file with the single line “I saved £1.00.” the pound sign for some reason is preserved.

Jim Allan