In the UK, we pay roughly these same numbers but in pounds, which makes the
range from Office standard to Office Ultimate at a well known discount
outlet  $658 to $966. I have no idea of the "official" prices.

Seems to sit rather nicely in the sevenish to tennish definition.

I know you were talking about US prices, but I think the rest of world pays
prices similar to those in the UK.

Graham