[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am logically aware of why the message would pop up. I should have
made my major point much more clear in the first post, ie, the larger
question was "Is it an issue (that should be fixed) or is it a built-in
limitation (that is hard-coded and thusly is not an issue or bug but a
limiting function in Calc)?"
Probably a built-in limitation, but hard to say with no other context...
Nonetheless, your e-mail confirms my suspicion that there is hard limit
encoded in Calc. the next logical thought for me, at least, is, "Is
there a similar limitation in the number of rows that can be created
(maybe I'll test this hypothesis when I have time)?"
You mean the number of rows in a Calc document? I think that you are
limited to 64K rows. The number of Columns will be increased in OOo
version 3.0, you can check out the beta if you desire, but, remember
that this is a beta so it may crash and you may lose all your data (but
it seems pretty stable).
Still, why would the openoffice web site I referenced report the problem
as "fixed"? I suppose there was no other "status" value that they had
available to use which would have been more appropriate. Maybe a note
somewhere on the ticket saying something like "...the issue is not a
problem but a built-in hard limitation..."? I think you get the point
here. If I get some time later, I'll bring this up with the powers to
be at that particular web site
A problem is marked as fixed when a developer fixes the code. Then, the
code is integrated into a development build, and the problem is tested.
Every six months or so, a new official release is performed.
--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm
Info: http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
See Also: http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]