> Attempting to open an OOo.org scalc file I get the message"Format
> error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,1378571
> (row,col)".  have tried 'send to', system restore to a time previous
> to my last entry into the file and in desperation have uninstalled and
> reinstalled OOo 2.4 all without success.  Other OOs files work
> normally.  Posting a simlar cry for help on the OOo Community Forum
> resulted in a reply too technical for this computer illiterate.  Can
> anyone help please?

Generally this means that the file has corrupted somewhere in the XML. The
error message is saying that the XML file in question is 'content.xml' and
it is telling you the row and column where the error is occurring.

To correct - you would need to go through the XML itself and see if there is
anything obvious that can be corrected.

However, it would also be interesting to see the technical response provided
by the forum to see if that can be 'translated' and further assistance
given.

/paul

--
For those in NZ that want cheaper petrol - have a look here
http://www.thecheappetrolproject.co.nz/index.php