On 16/07/2008 15:46, Robin Jackson wrote:
Attempting to open an OOo.org scalc file I get the message"Format
error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,1378571
(row,col)".  have tried 'send to', system restore to a time previous
to my last entry into the file and in desperation have uninstalled and
reinstalled OOo 2.4 all without success.  Other OOs files work
normally.  Posting a simlar cry for help on the OOo Community Forum
resulted in a reply too technical for this computer illiterate.  Can
anyone help please?

Perhaps you could submit verbatim the proposed, too technical solution, so that we or someone at the forum might try to explain it in less technical terms.

You might also want to consider uploading the file to a web site somewhere so that we, or someone at the forum, could look at it - always assuming of course it doesn't contain confidential data. If you don't have a convenient web site you can use www.dropboks.com with username "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and password "storage". Please don't send the file as an attachment because those usually get stripped by the security software monitoring this list.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England