Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 15:45 +0100, Harold Fuchs wrote:

I'm using Windows XP Pro with OpenOffice 2.4.1 and this does *not* happen. When I save a new document there is *no* default name for it. There is a default *folder* "My Documents" into which the document will be saved but no default name.

Also, how can a default be "wrong"?

Well, I'll leave that one as an exercise for the readers....  :-)

Oh. You said "title". Do you mean that the document magically acquires a *title* - text at the top of the first page? If so you have managed somehow to change the default template. To change it again, follow the instructions in the Help:

No, I meant the name of the file - by default it comes up as "Documents"
and it does this whether I use the launcher, an icon, or File->New->Text
Document.  See attached screenshot for example.

mhr

Just to expand with another view, on my system (2.4.1 on gentoo linux), if I open a new document, the editing window is shown as Untitled(Number), but if I do a "Save" or "Save As" no name is suggested for the file. In File-Properties-General it is shown as Untitled.

The default place for saving can be set in Tools-Options-Paths, but you are probably aware of that.

Russell