Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 15:45 +0100, Harold Fuchs wrote:

I'm using Windows XP Pro with OpenOffice 2.4.1 and this does *not* happen. When I save a new document there is *no* default name for it. There is a default *folder* "My Documents" into which the document will be saved but no default name.

Also, how can a default be "wrong"?

Well, I'll leave that one as an exercise for the readers....  :-)

Oh. You said "title". Do you mean that the document magically acquires a *title* - text at the top of the first page? If so you have managed somehow to change the default template. To change it again, follow the instructions in the Help:

No, I meant the name of the file - by default it comes up as "Documents"
and it does this whether I use the launcher, an icon, or File->New->Text
Document.  See attached screenshot for example.
On openSUSE Linux, it also defaults to Documents, but the word is highlighted, so it gets replaced as soon as one character is typed. Many programs have a default file name, which is normally replaced by the user's choice.