Quoting Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com>:

On 07/12/2013 11:27 PM, Jason Keltz wrote:
On 12/07/2013 1:27 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
On 07/12/2013 01:22 PM, Jason Keltz wrote:

:)   but when I'm in the engine, I can click on the node, and see that
it's up.  I can click on network interfaces, and see that one is
up, and
the other are down.  I can create networks on the engine, and I can
assign the nodes interfaces to those networks, but for the life of
me, I
can't figure out where I assign an IP to the nodes interfaces!!
Surely,
the place to do that would be under the "Host" tab, yet it doesn't
seem
to be there...

Host Tab -> Network Interfaces -> click on Setup Host Networks

On the popup, hover over the logical network (not the nic) and a
little pencil or pen (or some other graphic) that is used for
editing.  Click on that and you'll get another popup where you can
choose static/dhcp and set gateway, ip and netmask.

Thank you *so* much!  I did not see the little pencil!!!

please open a bug to improve the usability if you couldn't see it...

I will do this.

Happy to help (and yes it was hard to see...)

Actually, Mike -- two of my networks were private and didn't need a
gateway... but two are public, and need a gateway!  Unfortunately, the
interface seems to be missing that option!?  It lets you configure an
IP, and a subnet mask, but where's the option for specifying a gateway
if you're specifying static addresses... (my guess is that it picks up
the gateway if you're using DHCP).

multiple gateways?
something like this?
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Multiple_Gateways

Yes.  Sort of -- simpler actually.
I have 4 network interfaces in each node.
My "management" network consists of a 1 Gbit switch connected to all the servers in our machine room. Here, I don't need to specify a gateway since servers on this network talk to only each other. Actually, I'm surprised I can't rename ovirtmgmt to something else to generalize it as just a "management network", but it's not a big deal, I guess. My "Storage" network consists of a 1 Gbit switch now - 10 Gbit soon. Again, I don't need to specify a gateway here. Finally, the last 2 NICs are connected to the external network - a building switch that another Department controls. Here, I definately need to specify a gateway, but of course with the current setup, I can't. I will either have to hard code the gateway for these connections, or use DHCP. Since there is only one "gateway" for the external connectivity, all on the same VLAN, I don't think I need the more complicated iproute2 setup here. I prefer to stay away from that if I can...

I'm surprised this isn't a more common configuration.

Jason.