Il giorno ven 27 set 2019 alle ore 12:55 Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> ha
scritto:

> On Fri, September 27, 2019 6:41 am, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> [snip]
> >> hosts
> >> 6) put into maintenance
> >> 7) simply yum update that will update CentOS packages + oVirt ones (vdsm
> >> and such..)
> >>

> > Please use the engine to upgrade hosts, there's a command in webadmin
> > interface for that.
>
> I didn't think you could do this in a single-host hosted-engine system?
> In such a deployment the engine has nowhere to migrate to, so it requires
> shutting down the whole "data center" in order to upgrade the host.  I
> didn't think that could be done via the engine?
>
> Personally, I still need to upgrade from 4.1.9 / CentOS 7.4!

Single host self hosted engine will require more work.
You'll need to put the host in global maintenance, turn off the engine, yum
upgrade the host and reboot.
Then get out of global maintenance and engine VM should get back up and
running in a few minutes.

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://www.redhat.com/>*Red Hat respects your work life balance.
Therefore there is no need to answer this email out of your office hours.
<https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1199578>*