Hi
Sorry about the delay! Here is what I did - which for some reason got further
than before, but still failed at the last hurdle! Maybe just doing this
exercise of commenting my workflow helped me to fix errors I'd not seen before
- I don't know! Have any packages been updated I don't know about?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SslZJYokA-Ho8SN8Vr5IzTnItuIDA6ACjilvLgCLcQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Here are the logs from the failed gluster deploy, before I commented out the
filter in lvm.conf....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uvICx4NBMjC68hhPN98f-LAykyHUPvX5ipr-dUKk32s/edit?usp=sharing

I will update this thread as may be of use to some. Is there anywhere I should
post it that other might find easier? Any advice on this final hurdle would be
very gratefully received!

I have to go do some family stuff, but will update later if I find a solution!