and you expect newcomers to find that significant bit of information within the
reference that you quote as they try to evaluate if oVirt is the right tool for
the job?

I only found out once I tried to add dispersed volumes to an existing 3 node
HCI and dug through the log files.

Of course, I eventually managed to remove the nicely commented bits of ansible
code that prevented adding the volume, only to find that it could not be used
to run VMs from there or use it for disks.

I can still mount those volumes from inside the VMs via a GlusterFS client and
I'd guess that there is little if any difference in performance.

For an enterprise HCI solution, the usable intersection between oVirt and
Gluster is so small, it needs a magnifying glass very top and early in the
documentation.

Gluster advertises itself as a scale-out file system without any metadata choke
point as the main differentiator vs. Lustre etc. and with tunable ratio of read
amplification via replicas and resilience.

Nobody expects scale-out to mean 1 or 3.

With perhaps 6 and 9 as a special option.

Or only replicas actually supported by oVirt, when erasure coding should at
least in theory give you near perfect scalability, which means you can add
increments of one or any bigger number and freely allocated between capacity
and resilience.

It's perfectly legitimate to not support every potential permutation of
deployment scenarios of oVirt and Gluster.

But the limitations baked in and perhaps even the motivation need to be
explained from the very start. It doesn't help oVirt's adoption and success if
people only find out after they have invested heavily under the assumption a
"scale-out" solution delivers what that term implies.