On 06/12/13 18:59, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 06:15:52PM +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
So actually a better suggestion might be, e.g.:

'my-queue; {create:always, link:{x-subscribe:{exclusive:True}}}'
QQ - does create:always recreate the queue each time, even if it already
exists?

No, if the queue already exists it is reused (and messages that have built up on it can be consumed).

One of the things I got bitten with when I first started using Qpid was when I created queues and bindings "on demand" via address strings. So If I had one binding and I changed it (say when I was tinkering around) what I ended up with was multiple bindings between exchange and queue :-)

I *think* that if I were to put my bindings in a "link" block, but keep the queue creation stuff in the node block that would have done what I'd expected, but TBH I've not actually tried that - I really should.

I think that in general it's good that the queue doesn't get recreated in the case you describe. In my scenario I'd like consumers to be able to create everything the first time that they connect, but if they then disconnect and reconnect I'd like any messages that have built up on the queue to remain.

Probably create:always is a bit misleading in this case, but I guess "create: mostly" probably sounds a bit weird :-D

I *think* that in the scenario that you illustrate above if you add autodelete:True then the queue will get deleted after the last connection closes and then recreated on the first new connection after that.

Frase