Thanks for the help.

A couple of things...  being able to configure lifetime policies on the
broker based on the name of the node is a wonderful idea and I look forward
to that in qpid 0.26.  Problem is that I need to have the solution work on
RHEL6 (which ships with qpid 0.14) if possible.

I took some python code from Apache Dispatch Router and modified it to work
with the qpid broker directly without using the dispatch router.  Here's
what I have:

---- test.p ----
from proton import Messenger, Message

def main():
    host = "127.0.0.1:5673"

    messenger = Messenger()
    messenger.start()
    reply_subscription = messenger.subscribe("amqp://%s/#" % host)
    reply_address = reply_subscription.address

    print "Reply address: %s" % reply_address

    request = Message()
    request.address = reply_address
    request.reply_to = reply_address
    request.body = "proton rocks"

    messenger.put(request)
    messenger.send()

    messenger.recv()
    response = Message()
    messenger.get(response)

    print "Response: %r" % response.body

    messenger.stop()

main()

----

This is just using proton, which is great, but the problem is that the
dynamic queues have a permanent lifetime policy as demonstrated here:

Window 1: bash$ qpidd --log-enable trace+ --auth no --port 5673 --interface
127.0.0.1

Window 2: bash$ python test.py
Reply address: amqp://
127.0.0.1:5673/9795cd4c-4d24-42f1-b369-dca989345467_receiver-xxx
Response: 'proton rocks'
bash$ qpid-config -a 127.0.0.1:5673 queues
Queue Name                                         Attributes
9795cd4c-4d24-42f1-b369-dca989345467_receiver-xxx
c0f573d3-9b46-4af5-8792-989c6f48b91e:0.0           auto-del excl
bash$ python test.py
Reply address: amqp://
127.0.0.1:5673/ec940df5-4882-455a-bc14-49b2fb2c8ae1_receiver-xxx
Response: 'proton rocks'
[davin@laptop24 proton-scm]$ qpid-config -a 127.0.0.1:5673 queues
Queue Name                                         Attributes
23e5aa68-aa52-4de4-b8fa-14c732f854a8:0.0           auto-del excl
9795cd4c-4d24-42f1-b369-dca989345467_receiver-xxx
ec940df5-4882-455a-bc14-49b2fb2c8ae1_receiver-xxx

If only there is a way to set the dynamic flag on the terminus for the link
at the Messenger level as I think that would add the auto-del attribute to
the queue.  I think this is possible if I were using the proton Engine
rather than the Messenger
 and I tried to piece together what I need to do from studying the code
found in proton.c, but the send loop in that code gave me a headache.  I
think we just allow Messenger to set that dynamic flag when a subscription
is requested, I could use Messenger and be golden, so if I have a feature
request, that would be what I want.  Messenger is built on Engine, Engine
has the ability to set the dynamic flag, what's needed is to expose that
feature in Messenger.  It's all proton, all AMQP 1.0, what's not to like?