Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 13:49, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On 01/10/2014 01:34 PM, Shearer, Davin wrote:
>> I actually _prefer_ the C++ broker.  I was using the java one for the web
>> management.
>>
>> So to get this straight...  proton sends '#' to the qpid broker, which in
>> turn generates a node name which it then sends back to the client via the
>> address attribute.
>
> Not quite...  The '#' is not part of the protocol between the client and
> broker.
>
> What actually happens is that proton (or qpid.messaging) sees the '#' in the
> address and instead of sending a name across to the broker, sets the
> "dynamic" flag in the attach frame, leaving the name blank.  The broker sees
> the dynamic flag, creates a temporary queue, and sends the name of the queue
> back in the resulting attach frame.

Right, but I'm pretty sure the magic '#' thing is a qpid::messaging thing, not
a proton thing and as such proton is actually sending '#' on the wire and qpid
messaging is doing the magic of creating the dynamic queue. The bit that's
missing is to set the lifetime policy to 'delete on close' which Gordon just
added into jira.