On 01/10/2014 01:34 PM, Shearer, Davin wrote:
I actually _prefer_ the C++ broker.  I was using the java one for the web
management.

So to get this straight...  proton sends '#' to the qpid broker, which in
turn generates a node name which it then sends back to the client via the
address attribute.

Not quite... The '#' is not part of the protocol between the client and broker.

What actually happens is that proton (or qpid.messaging) sees the '#' in the address and instead of sending a name across to the broker, sets the "dynamic" flag in the attach frame, leaving the name blank. The broker sees the dynamic flag, creates a temporary queue, and sends the name of the queue back in the resulting attach frame.

The only thing at is missing is that the qpid broker
does not set auto-del on the newly created dynamic queue.   If/When that's
fixed, I'm golden.

Thanks so much!