On 12/03/2015 09:20 AM, Olivier Mallassi wrote:
gentlemen, thank you for your answers.

@Ted: I am currently trying to use the router and so I am moving to AMQP
1.0 (which by itself is a topic). So, I would say yes. Were you thinking
about any limitations / recommendations regarding the linkRoutePattern?

No, I think link-routes are what you need to best serve your use case.

@Jack, Ted: I will look at the settlement & disposition knowing I cannot
afford to loose a message (Financial Services).

The overall idea would be to create that chain:  publisher (Java/qpid-JMS
or C++/Qpid Messaging) --> routers --> brokers (prefered option java, if
not C++ is fine) --> routers --> consumers (Java / qpid-JMS)

For sure this will not be straight forward but it seems doable? no?

Yes, this is doable. It is one of the intended use cases for Dispatch Router.

With regard to the link-protocol/message-settlement: The router(s) don't ever assume ownership of transiting messages. In other words, the routers will not acknowledge or settle messages that pass through them. That is left to the endpoints. So any messages that are lost due to router failure or connection failure will remain in-doubt between the publisher/consumer and the broker and will therefore be re-sent once the loss of connectivity is fixed.

oliv/