On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 15:19 -0500, Ted Ross wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> Please be advised that the Messenger API in proton is not getting a
> lot
> of developer attention.  The development effort has shifted to the
> reactive APIs and it's likely that the reactive interfaces are what
> are
> going to be best supported in the future.
>
> The Messenger API is quite abstract (hides the concepts of
> connection,
> session, and link) and is therefore appealing for simple use cases.
>  In
> practice, however, it's been found to be difficult to integrate into
> real environments.

It also has some significant limits in its error reporting and
handling. Those could be addressed eventually, but as Ted says, the
focus has shifted to the reactive APIs. They offer more of a a "sliding
scale" in terms of ease-of-use vs. flexiblity: It is still pretty easy
to do simple things, but there is an open path to learning more and
digging deep into the protocol details if/when you need to.