On 04/14/2016 01:57 PM, Adel Boutros wrote:
Hello,
We are trying to use qpid-dispatch on SunOS. Before I ask specific questions, I would
like to know why in the readme, it is mentioned "Dispatch will not build on
Windows"? Does it imply that the API was built for a pure Linux-oriented OS and thus
it is expected to have issues on other OSes such as SunOS?

Dispatch, like other Qpid projects, has an abstraction layer over the Operating System for locks, conditions, and threads. It also has an IO driver that is OS-specific. There's no reason why it can't run on Windows, SunOS, Solaris, or any other OS. Nobody has as yet implemented the abstractions and IO driver for anything other than Linux.

In our case, after some modifications, we were able to compile it on SunOS but
the tests are failing.
Actually, we believe to have hit a problem which has to do with the
multi-threading and locking mechanism in the dispatcher. We are unable to get
the dispatcher ready to receive connections in the tests.

Have you tried setting the workerThreads to 1 in the configuration? This might provide some insight into threading and locking issues.

-Ted

Regards,Adel Boutroswww.murex.com