Thanks for replying, Gordon - sorry for the confusing terms.

> On 22/08/17 21:22, Steve Huston wrote:
> > I'm using the C++ broker and I am setting up queue pull routes to
> > another broker. I want to be able to have my local broker set a
> > virtual IP address as the IP source address when connecting to the
> > remote broker it will pull from. Is this possible using current broker
> > capabilities?
>
> I don't understand the question properly. When creating a pull route you
> always have to supply the host/ip that the destination broker will connect to
> in order to pull the messages. If that is a virtual IP, I don't think
> anything in
> the broker or the qpid-route tool should care?
>
> I'm probably misunderstanding what you are trying to do though, can you
> elaborate a bit more?

- Host A wants to set up a pull route to pull messages from Host B
- Host A has two IP addresses assigned to it
- When Host A connects to B, can A specify a particular source IP address that
B will see it as?

The situation is there's a firewall between A and B; only one of A's addresses
is reachable from outside that firewall. We're trying to prevent having to
NAT/PAT A's address at the firewall.

Thanks,
-Steve