From: Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Sent: mercredi 17 avril 2019 12:39
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Dispatch-router] Multicast

On 17/04/2019 8:50 am, VERMEULEN Olivier wrote:
> I have a question regarding the use of multicast with the dispatch-router.
> I have 2 dispatch-routers and 1 broker with a topic/queue configuration.
> All my addresses are configured as waypoints and the ones for the queue are
> also configured as multicast.
> When I put 2 listeners on the queue, 1 connected to each dispatch-router,
> only one of them is receiving the message...
> Is this supposed to be a supported use case? Am I missing something in the
> configuration?

I tried this out with the attached config files and a broker on 7777 and it
worked as expected. Two receivers, one on each router, both saw all the sent
messages.

In this case there is only one broker and it is connected to by only one of the
routers. I did try with each router connecting to the broker also, and that
works as well. However, as expected, since the address is multicast in both
phases, the messages are duplicated (each message is sent down both links to
the broker).
This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may
contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient you are not authorized to distribute, copy or use this
e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free
and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and
delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your
system.