Hi Olivier,

I've developed tooling to help find problems like the one you describe.
Could you give it a try?

To use it:
1. Turn on trace logging. For the most part just SERVER trace+ will do it
but DEFAULT trace+ gets the most detail. Save each router's log to a separate
file.
Add something like this to your router config files:

log {
    outputFile: <router-name>.log
    enable: trace+
    module: DEFAULT
}

2. Delete existing log files for a clean analysis.
3. Run your test so it fails due to the race condition.
4. Stop the routers
5. Change cwd to the directory with the log files.
6. Scrape the logs and generate and html file with AMQP analysis:
    qpid-dispatch/tools/scraper/scraper.py -f *.log > test.html
7. Open the test.html file with a browser:
    firefox test.html
8. In the Log Data section you will find the router and client traffic.

I suspect that the client connect sequence and data patterns will be visible.

-Chuck